We’ve compared 2 popular products, DogBuddy pooper scooper, and MonPtit to find the best, reviewed them, and share what we found.
If you’ve ever had a flimsy bag break in your hands, you know a portable pooper scooper has to be the better way to clean up after your dog. It’s convenient, cleaner and quicker than the old ‘hand-in-the-bag’ method.
This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
DogBuddy vs MonPtit scooper summary
- Price – MonPtit is a cheaper option
- Size – The small DogBuddy is slightly bigger by (6cm) than MonPtit small size. There’s no difference in the large sizes.
- Guarantee – Dog Buddy offers a money-back guarantee on it’s product
Here’s the actual sizes:
|Product size||DogBuddy scooper||MonPtit Scooper|
|Small||A little bigger 15cm x 12.1 x cm x 5.08 (5.9" x 4.8" x 2")||15cm x 11.5cm (5.9" x 4.5")|
|Large||18 x 15cm (7.1 x 5.9")||18cm x 15cm (7.1"x 5.9")|
|Benefit||Money back guarantee||Budget friendly|
Dog Buddy Pooper Scooper
This is a popular, top-rated dog poop scooper with customers.
What are the sizes?
- Small 15 x 12.1 x cm x 5.08(5.9 x 4.8″x 2″ is suitable for small breeds and standard bags. Back extends from 5.08 to 8.64cm (2″ to 3.4″) when open
- Large size 18 x 15cm (7.1 x 5.9″) takes large bags
A strong, compact unit. Waste bags are in a compartment that’s integrated into the unit design.
How do you use a DogBuddy pooper scooper?
- Produce expands: The extendable back side of the product expands to accommodate the poop bag and waste.
- Wrap bag over the scooper.
- Secure the bag into the grip
- One-handed press clasp mechanism. (Think similar to using a large bull-dog clip.)
- Open the jaws of the clip to scoop up waste
- Tie a knot in the bottom of the bag and carry the secured poop bag via the scooper to the bin.
- Open lever and drop in bin.
- The device hooks onto the leash to conveniently carry while out and about walking.
- Available in 2 colour options, choose either green or grey.
Maintain a firm grip on the leash while you clean up as it’s easily managed with one hand.
Doesn’t get much easier and cleaner than this and with a manufacturer money-back guarantee in the mix this product is hard to beat.
Dog Buddy Pooper Scooper refill bags
Why should you consider paring DogBuddy with it’s matching branded bags?
- The extra large size: 41.9cm x 31.75cm (16.5 x 12.5″)
- Biodegradable – made from a vegetable based product
- Strong – 100% leak-proof
- 150 bags (10 rolls x 15)
- Note – these bags are unscented
- Manufacturer money-back guarantee
Jumbo sizing makes these bags a good choice if you have a large dog.
How does a portable pooper scooper work?
Check out this manufacturer video to see the MonPtit in action.
MonPtit Pooper Scooper
This is a budget friendly option.
Just like DogBuddy the compact unit is levered in your hand via a grip that operates much like a bulldog clip. One side of the scooper is expandable. Just pop out the side when it comes time to use it.
A bag fits easily over the unit and secures into the grip allowing you to scoop up the ‘doggy do’ in one motion into the unit. Then tie a knot in the bottom of the bag. Keep the bag in the unit until you get to the bin and then simply open the unit and drop to dispose of the bag.
And here’s a run-down of the benefits for the MonPtit.
- Portable and compact pooper scooper that attaches to the leash
- One hand operation of clasp
- Easy to use
- Clean-up is done without having to touch with your hands.
- Integrated dispenser within the unit holds the poop bags so you don’t have to carry these separately
- Available in 2 sizes small/medium or large
What are the sizes?
Small is 15cm x 11.5cm (5.9 x4.5″) and width of the container expands 3cm from 5cm to 8cm when open. Suitable for small and medium breeds.
Medium/large 18cm x 15cm (7.1″x 5.9″). Container expands 4 cm from 6cm width to 10cm when open for medium and large breeds.
- Holds bags 6cm (2.36″) in width (product has 1 bag when purchased)
The scooper hooks on to the leash so it’s easy to take anywhere.
- If you have a large dog, the large DogBuddy pooper scooper holds jumbo sized bags.
- For a smaller to medium size dog you could be better off with a DogBuddy pooper scooper because the small size is a little bigger.
- DogBuddy manufacturer backs their products with a guarantee, (replace or refund) which speaks to the quality of the product.
- If your bottom line is budget, then MonPtit is a cheaper option that gets the job done.